HOKUTOSEI, a limited express sleeping car train, was loved by many people, but disappeared due to the discontinuation of the service. With the cooperation of East Japan Railway Company and JR East Urban Development Corporation, we have been able to come up with the idea of reviving “HOKUTOSEI” as accommodation.We will support your trip with the new start of our train hostel, HOKUTOSEI, as a base of the trip for Eastern Japan.
Design is created by OpenA which has established a reputation on renovation of public facilities.
There are dormitory type rooms (shared) and private rooms, which adopted the actual parts of sleeping car to furnish and decorate the interior in order to create a particular atmosphere in the limited space.
- 1st floor : Front
- 2nd floor : Lounge, shared kitchen, guest room
- 3rd - 5th floor : Guest room
- 6th floor : Shower, Landry
Number of guests
- 78 beds
(Dormitory type bunk bed / Private room)
- 2,500JPY〜 / per night (may vary due to season)
- ● Direct connection from #4 exit of “Bakurocho station” of JR Sobu Line (Rapid)
- ● 3 minutes walk from B4 exit of “Higashi Nihonbashi station” of Toei Asakusa Line
- ● 3 minutes walk from A1 exit of “Bakurocho station” of Toei Shinjuku Line
- ● About 5 minutes of train ride from Tokyo station to “Bakurocho station” of JR Sobu Line
▶ View a larger map
Train Hostel HOKUTOSEI
1-10-12 Bakurocho, Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0002
- ● Please make payment when you check-in.
- ● We accept cash only when you pay at front desk.
- ● Children under the age of 4 years old are asked to refrain from staying here. Children under the age of 5 - 15 years old can stay only with a guardian.
- ● High school students and above 16 years old are welcome to stay even on their own.
- ● This is a non-smoking facility.
- ● Please contact us for booking with for more than 11 people.
- ● When you wish to cancel after 2 days before the day of arrival, cancellation fee will be charged. Please ask for more details.